[pdusers] Upcoming MAKlab Workshops

Delphine Dallison d_dallison at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 9 20:11:06 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,
Here's a list of a few upcoming workshops we'll be running at MAKlab over the next 3 weeks, which might be of interest to some of you:
- Setting Up Pi with Jon Hand:
Tuesday 15th October
6pm - 8pm£10/£7.50 for MAKlab Members
Lots of buzz around the Raspberry Pi, but the initial set-up of this 30 quid computer that runs Linux off an HDHC card is geeky enough to put some folk off having fun. If you have a Pi not-yet-set-up or you would like to work through a set-up prior to buying one or would like to try re-setting up your Pi then this is the workshop for you!Bring along a Pi (model B) and an 8GB SDHC card (class 10) and we can burn the operating system on it from a Mac or a PC or another Linux computer and then we will walk through the initial setup of the Pi. If you do not have a Pi we have a few available and if you want us to supply a SDHC card for use during the workshop then we can do that as well - just let us know.
- Start Programming with Python with Nathan Collins:
Tuesday 22nd October 6pm - 8pm£10/£7.50 for MAKlab Members
This workshop is for complete beginners in programming - we'll introduce you to the real basics, from structure, to variables, to logic operators. You will have a go at making your own very simple software programs using Python and gain enough understanding to proceed into reading, writing or hacking simple code.
- Learn How to Solder with Mark Craig and Nicky Hume:
Tuesday 29th October 6pm - 8pm£11/£8 for MAKlab Members
Soldering is a great skill to have under your belt, very handy for even the most simple electronic endeavours, and also for getting under the hood of electronic products if you need to adapt or fix them. In this workshop we'll teach you how to solder from scratch, concentrating on through hole soldering a light sensitive or moisture sensitive electronic circuit that you can take home and use.

To book onto any of these workshops, go to www.maklab.bigcartel.com.